Join me tonight at 9 pm EST as I join the #MacroSW Twitterchat team to discuss an important practice and policy issue. We will discuss our reactions to the film “Inequality For All” and the implications for social work and human services. You will find information regarding the film and about #MacroSW below:
Macro social work practice focuses on changing larger systems, such as communities and organizations. It encompasses a broad spectrum of actions and ideas, ranging from community organizing and education to legislative advocacy and policy analysis.
The University of Southern California School of Social Work (@MSWatUSC) hosts the #MacroSW Twitter chat in partnership with a number of esteemed community practice organizations and individual macro social workers. The chats are held bimonthly on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PST).
Our collaborators include:
- University at Buffalo School of Social Work (@ubssw)
- Karen Zgoda, Instructor at Bridgewater State University (@karenzgoda)
- Association for Community Organization and Social Administration (@acosaorg)
- The Network for Social Work Management (@TheNSWM)
- Sunya Folayan, MSW, ACSW, founder/executive director, The Empowerment Project, Inc. (@SunyaFolayan)
We look forward to tweeting with you there.